LTE: You Can’t Handle The Truth

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. William Windsor says:

I was in graduate school when, in talking about performance artists and their careers, I heard a wonderfully concise piece of advice from one of my mentors. That advice was “Don’t be an asshole.” The author of this diatribe could well have put this advice to judicious use, but alas, he did not…sadly.

2. Anonymous if thisguycandoitsocani says:

This is ridiculous. If the article doesn’t speak for the blog, then the author should sign it. I voted for Bernie and Hillary. Now we have Trump. Shit happens; terrible shit – organize, move forward.

3. Will says:

Excellent rant, though a bit too kind. It isn’t that we don’t trust the Clinton wing, it’s that we know precisely who they are and who they work for.
    They are hopelessly corrupt, to the core, doing the bidding of the wealthy corporate interests who couldn’t care less whether we starve or die homeless, so long as they get to keep living the high life and can buy enough political representation to continue the neoliberal triangulation shell-game.
    Republicans, most all of them, are owned by the same interests, and are even more heartless.
    At this point, we have to change the game, not fight to win a rigged contest. A paradigm shift is called for. It starts with not ever, under any circumstances, supporting any candidate who accepts corporate cash. Bernie showed that a viable campaign can be run without it. Without the cheating of the DNC and their media connections, Bernie easily would have won the primary, and all polls show him defeating Trump, perhaps the only person more reviled than HRC.
    No more Clintons. No more corporate-owned DNC. No more phonycrats. They don’t work for us once they’re in office, and they need to go. We can do this, if we stand strong on principles.

4. I’m 72 years old and a former Republican yet I can admit I was a lazy robot voter. As an Independent I would be happy to lend my name to that anonymous writer.

• I am 100% in accord, with your statement, Carol. Until Bernie came along, I never even bothered to try and find out what was going on behind the scenes, I simply voted “democrat” out of some notion that they always would do the right thing. To paraphrase Avon Bill: “What a fool this mortal was,” but I never again will vote for any of these apparatchiks. Thanks for posting.

5. Eva McBride says:

Jeez. I wonder why the person would wish to remain anonymous. It’s not a very popular idea amongst Establishment Democrats that this conversation happens at all. There has been active resistance and bullying happening in County Central Committees all over the state. Even if you don’t agree with everything the writer said you would have to acknowledge that someone could certainly go after them. I’ve seen much more diplomatic versions of this idea attacked repeatedly.

6. Mary L. Grabski says:

I agree mostly with the writer, and Bernie Sanders is still the most popular politician in the United states, per numerous sites on Google. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-bernie-sanders-is-most-popular-u-s-politician/ The massive numbers of votes received by Hillary, like mine, were primarily disinfranchised Bernie voters, like me, not actually Hillary supporters. It was our only “choice?” They were more votes AGAINST Trump, than votes FOR Hillary. Hillary is far too self-serving, as far as I’m concerned, and her cheating, along with Debbie, against Bernie,, really did her in!. We need a candidate, like Bernie, more interested in the needs of the PEOPLE, the masses, NOT a personal, veiled agenda to self-enrich! Hillary has never impressed me as being a “sincere” person, and she actually doesn’t fool too many people anymore! We have seen her fangs!

7. I’ll sign that fuckin letter. I didn’t write it – but it definitely speaks for me. What’s up Clintonbots – I see some of you had the balls to show up here – good for you – now you can see our problem – and that problem is QUITE CLEAR in the comments from these very same Clintonbots – they refuse to address the substance of the letter – while attacking its anonymous source (fine, I apologize for calling yall Clintonbots but it would really help if you stopped acting like one too) . Did yall learn that type of attack from your Republican friends? Such a cheap and dirty tactic. This is why We Don’t Trust You. Your priorities are all fucked up. Your horrible DLC/3rd Way Policies have moved us further to the right than ever – gave us NAFTA – imprisoned a ton of minorities – and allowed the rich to rob us blind. How can you not see this? Until you give up your hero worship of The Clintons and put Principle above Personality – I will not trust you. Oh so you want to talk about Bernie huh – I’ll save you the trouble of having to respond to your obvious complaint later – yes, I will gladly abandon Bernie as long as His Policies are all adopted by The Democrats. How’s that for an offer – you agree to single payer healthcare, free or affordable college, a $15/hr living wage – and the other items listed in his agenda – and I’ll vote for whoever supports them – it doesn’t have to be Bernie. Yall are the ones stuck in a Cult of Personality – not me. Until the rest of you Democrats acknowledge that moving further to the right (any further and we’ll fall off a cliff!) does us no good – and that what we need to do is return to our tried and true – man of the people – FDR roots – and stop taking money from Wall Street and Billionaires – I can not trust you – why should I? These ideas and plans put forth by Senator Sanders are good things – simple things – things The Democratic Party used to stand for. I don’t know how so many of you got swept up in the Cult of The Clintons – but that shit is over – as it should be – as it needs to be. Now lets please move Forward – away from The Clintons – and chart a winning path this time – one that will actually Do Right By The American People.

8. Ijt0108 says:

Sounds like you want 8 years of Trumpo there.