Today the Iowa Democratic Party announced the committee members of “Building Blocks.” Building Blocks is a project of the Iowa Democratic Party announced last month by Congressman Loebsack. The goal of this committee is to evaluate what has been working and what can be improved upon, to further the state party’s ability to help elect Democrats up and down the ticket.
“I am excited to announce the full committee today and am excited about the team we have assembled,” said Congressman Dave Loebsack. “We have county chairs, activists, and professionals from all across the state coming together to work together on growing and strengthening the party. This is the first step in moving forward to make sure we are doing everything we can to elect Democrats up and down the ticket.”
Included in the committee are hard working and prominent figures in the Progressive movement. Laura Hubka will be representing the first district, Kate Revaux will represent the second district, and Progressive Caucus Chair Jason Frerichs will represent the third district.
The committee was first announced back in December and will put forth a report in the spring. Below is the full list of committee members:
– Joe O’Hern- Campaign Manager Loebsack for Congress
– Laura Hubka- 1st District SCC Member
– Kate Revaux- 2nd District SCC Member
– Jason Frerichs- 3rd District SCC Member
– Penny Rosfjord- 4th District SCC Member
– Emily Parcell- Wildfire Consulting
– Jessica Vanden Berg- Maverick Consulting and Mail
– Erich Schmidt- Laborers International Union
– Representatives from House Truman Fund
– Representatives from State Senate Majority Fund
– Representatives from the Iowa Democratic Party Staff